The GLA:D Canada Program
Brickyard Physiotherapy is proud to be the only clinic in Nanaimo to offer the GLA:D program.
Based on Good Life with Osteoarthritis in Denmark (GLA:D®), the GLA:D Canada program is a nationwide evidence-based initiative that follows the current recommendations for the treatment of hip and knee osteoarthritis.
The program is a 7 week program of exercises, education, and techniques to help you build a better lifestyle when you suffer from knee or hip pain.
Research has shown that GLA:D® can help you achieve:
- Less pain
- Reduced use of pain killers
- Fewer days off due to pain
- More physical activity
This initiative is supported by Bone and Joint Canada, The Arthritis Society, and the Physiotherapy Association of BC.
When does it start? How long is it?
- The initial consultation is 30 minutes. It can be scheduled online here
- The next 14 sessions are held twice per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 to 2:00 PM
- The first 2 of these 14 sessions are group educational sessions and the remaining 12 sessions are 60 minute group exercise classes.
How much does it cost?
- The initial assessment is $85.
- The group education and exercise classes are $35 each
- The total cost for the 2 group education sessions, and 12 exercise classes is $490. Half of these fees, $245, will be collected at the first group education session. The remainder of the $245 will be collected at the start of week 4.
- Because all sessions are either led by a physiotherapist, or by a kinesiologist working under specific delegation by a physiotherapist, they can be submitted to your extended benefits provider for reimbursement as part of your physiotherapy coverage.
When does our next session start?
- Our next session will start on March 7th, 2023.
- We will be only offering a limited number of spots, so please call our office at 250-729-7956 to book your spot!